FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch Shift layers x amount of pixels based on image number.

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
michael stark
Batch Shift layers x amount of pixels based on image number.
on Sep 2, 2013 at 7:07:32 pm

Okay so my problem is this. I have hundreds of files that I am trying to vertical align to do this:

http://moviebarcode.tumblr.com/

My problem comes when I'm trying to automate the task. I have the image slivers which I did by exporting out every x amount of frames in After Effects.

What I need to do is basically load in a file and shift it x amount of pixels. For example, I have let's say 100 files that are 16 pixels wide. The first file needs to load in all the way to the left, and each following file needs to be shifted on the x position + 16 based on where the previous file was placed.

I know nothing of photoshop scripting but I can't find an answer anywhere. I could do it manually but it would subsequently take hours.

Any help is much appreciated :) Thanks!

Oh, also. I just figure out the width of the file by multiplying my frames by the width of the images.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Paddy Uglow
Re: Batch Shift layers x amount of pixels based on image number.
on Sep 5, 2013 at 4:11:18 am

This isn't ideal but, could you make Photoshop Droplets for each of the different shifts, then use your computer's search facility to find all the files that need to be dragged to each shift (maybe some kind of wildcard search?)
Or I guess you could just search for them and drag each batch into Photoshop and run an Action with the Automator on all open files and avoid having to make the droplets.

I've used the Photoshop Javascript stuff in the past - that *might* be able to read in the filename and base pixel shifts on it, but I've not done any scripting for a long time.

Paddy, CreativeMedia.org.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]