FORUMS: list search recent posts

Opacity problems with Adobe Photoshop CS3 and Web Photo Gallery

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johnny Alexander
Opacity problems with Adobe Photoshop CS3 and Web Photo Gallery
on Aug 30, 2013 at 6:23:26 am

For the past 3-4 years I have been using Adobe Photoshop CS3 without any issues.
I have used the Automation function of the Web Photo Gallery, to create images and add a custom text similar to a watermark on my photos.

However, not now recently I have suddenly started to have a problem with this function, which I can not seem to resolve.

I have tried uninstall and re-install Photoshop, resetting all settings, however nothing has changed.

Normally I would choose one style, and custom size of image between 800 - 1200 Pixels, I would add Custom Text under the Security Tab.
Font size 36pt and Opacity of around 40%.

Until recently this used to work perfectly, images re-sized and Custom text added on image with selected Opacity (similar to a watermark)

However now I am facing a series of issues.

1. The Custom Text / Watermark does not get added.
2. The Opacity setting I choose, changes the Opacity of the entire photo.
3. If I try to choose 100% Opacity, I get Error message, Could not complete the Web Photo Gallery command because of program error.

This whole process greatly saved time for me with my work, but however now I can not seem to find out what the issue is that is creating this problem.

It seems instead of adding the Opacity to the Custom Text only, it adds it to the complete image, and does not include the text.

Not sure if it is related, however only change on my computer is that I installed a few Adobe CS6 programs, however these does have this function. I did uninstall Photoshop CS6, to see if this had any conflict with CS3, however this has not changed anything.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Return to posts index

Johnny Alexander
Re: Opacity problems with Adobe Photoshop CS3 and Web Photo Gallery
on Aug 30, 2013 at 8:47:06 am

Just short update, I had an old copy of CS2 which I tried, and this works fine, but CS3 still does not work.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Aug 30, 2013 at 8:47:19 pm

Have you tried using actions instead? Can you send a screen shot of the exact set of actions taken?

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Johnny Alexander
on Aug 31, 2013 at 2:15:05 pm

Will try to upload screenshot, but to be honest screenshot will not show very much, other than I have explained.

Havent tried Action Script, wanted to keep things simple first.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]