FORUMS: list search recent posts

Brush is "noisy" does anyone know why this is happening?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TImi Boose
Brush is "noisy" does anyone know why this is happening?
on Aug 23, 2013 at 7:18:12 pm

Hi - I'm just trying to remove the background from a fairly complicated object and the edges of the brush are what i would call "noisy" - not smooth. I don't see anything in the brush options that would be allowing this to happen. it is making me crazy. And i just want to know why .

I opened a new file of the photo and it seems to be working fine - normal brush with smooth edges. So is it just some kind of computer glitch or is there some setting I don't know about? I would really rather not start this all the way from the beginning, but I'm thinking maybe I have to? I've made a lot of paths - hopefully I can transfer them to the new file without drawing them again.

Return to posts index

TImi Boose
Re: Brush is "noisy" does anyone know why this is happening?
on Aug 23, 2013 at 8:12:27 pm

At least it let me easily copy and paste the paths into the new file. Really though - does anyone know why this happened?

Return to posts index

Herbert van der wegen
on Aug 25, 2013 at 5:20:42 am

Things that come to mind:
- did you perhaps set the layer blend mode to "dissolve"
- or the brush blend mode to "dissolve"
- or turned on "noise" in the brush palette?

/*----------------------------------------------------*/
System: Win7 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), ATI 7970 3gb, EVGA 590 3GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Return to posts index

TImi Boose
on Aug 28, 2013 at 10:02:04 pm

Yep just went back and checked and layer mode was on dissolve! I thought i had checked all that! Duh! Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]