FORUMS: list search recent posts

Randomly changing text size values in Photoshop CS6 Extended!

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joesph Armstrong
Randomly changing text size values in Photoshop CS6 Extended!
on Aug 9, 2013 at 4:42:46 am

This is the problem; whenever I drag-click the cursor to change the text size value, the input option randomly increases by a random number of mm, suddenly blowing up the text. It then allows me to drag resize from that that increased value. When I get to the value I want and release the drag-click it randomly increases the values again thus increasing the size much beyond what I had specified (again increasing the size!!) .

Here is a video clip showing the issue ->

Any help or support you can give would be appreciated. This is getting quite annoying especially with deadlines looming!

I am running Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended (ver. 13.0.5 x64) on an Early 2011 Macbook Pro i7 2.0GHz with 16GBs of RAM.
The issue happens on both the built-in trackpad and my Wacom Tablet.

Return to posts index

Jeff Hinkle
Re: Randomly changing text size values in Photoshop CS6 Extended!
on Aug 9, 2013 at 1:42:42 pm

That one's hit us too. It's a known bug and Adobe says they're working on a fix. The problem seems to be if you first transform the text, then try to adjust the values numerically. It does something weird to Photoshop's internal math. Duplicating and editing a text layer that you've transformed also brings the behavior to the duplicated layer. If you adjust size only with the text palette--no object>transform operations, no dragging corner handles--it seems to bypass the issue.

---
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Aug 9, 2013 at 5:16:31 pm

Well, it's normal to change values down when dragging left and up when dragging right, but the numbers seem a little off. Does it have issues when you just enter in the numbers manually?

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Joesph Armstrong
on Aug 10, 2013 at 8:23:28 am

Jeff is right. It is a glitch in Photoshop. I had just been doing some transformations on the text when the problem started. I tested to see if resizing and doing transformations shortly after would produce the same results and it did. Adobe needs to fix this!

Thanks for the timely responses both of you! I posted the same thing over at the Adobe forums but the thread has been ignored and bumped into obscurity.....

Machine Specs: Macbook Pro Intel Core i7, 2 Ghz with 16GB ram, Snow-Leopard 10.6.8

Software:
- Adobe Production Premium CS6 (AE, PPro, PS, etc.)
- Final Cut Studio 2 (Final Cut Pro, Motion 3, Color 1.0)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]