FORUMS: list search recent posts

What comes after Photoshop CS6 for photographers

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Wolfe
What comes after Photoshop CS6 for photographers
on Jul 20, 2013 at 11:03:34 pm

As a photographer, and dedicated PS user, what are we to do now that adobe announced photoshop cc, and the fact that we will not be able to purchase a standalone copy of photoshop?? I use Lightroom, but depend on photoshop for certain features in PS. I do want to sign up for PS cc. What happens when you don't have access to the Internet. I would like to hear from anyone who might know what's in store for those who really on PS? Will Lightroom be upgraded to include layers and PS masking to just name a couple?
Thanks for your comments. I look forward to hearing from some of the experts out there.

WolfeDen

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
Re: What comes after Photoshop CS6 for photographers
on Jul 21, 2013 at 8:17:06 am

Hi David,

There is no need to worry. First, you can continue to use Photoshop CS6 for as long as your operating system supports it. And second, when you start using photoshop CC, you don't need continuous internet connection. You will just need the internet to install your software.And then only once in a few months, you will need to connect to the internet to keep your software activated. That's all. For the rest you can do everything on your local computer.
Ans finally, if you would like to have layers in Lightroom, you can install a plugin called perfect layers 3 from oneonesoftware:
http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/suite7/

So many options are available.

Theo

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: What comes after Photoshop CS6 for photographers
on Jul 22, 2013 at 6:01:10 pm

Honestly, the new version is worlds cheaper: I pay $30 a month (I bought a couple CS versions in my time) and I get ALL of Adobe's software. I use PS, AI, AE, Lightroom, InDesign, etc., etc. So, at $30 a month, I pay $360 a year. What does photoshop cost by itself? Even at $50 a month ($600 a year), it's a bargain. Plus, I have all the updates right when I want them and I'm on CC with most stuff right now. Mine still works without internet (though I'm usually connected). I'm starting to see this model pop up all over the place in graphics software. Won't be long before most are on it.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]