FORUMS: list search recent posts

SpreadSheet script for Photoshop CS6 with export to XML file?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nikola Tomic
SpreadSheet script for Photoshop CS6 with export to XML file?
on Jul 19, 2013 at 11:03:07 am

Hello guys

A friend of mine created a Sprite sheet.js java script that can be started from Photoshop CS5 by using Image/Scripts/Spritesheet script:

6280_spritesheet.js.zip

The point is - to load for example 128x128px layered PSD graphics you intend to use in your iOS or PC/MAC games, start a script and it will create up to 1024x1024 [or 2048x2048] sprite sheet with images one next to another. The only one step you will have to do by yourself is to export as transparent PNG file and then coder will have spritesheet image that can be used in project.

Is there any similar or working script for Photoshop CS6? Or can somebody modify attached script to work in CS6?

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: SpreadSheet script for Photoshop CS6 with export to XML file?
on Jul 20, 2013 at 2:35:31 pm

What happens when you use the script in CS6?

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Nikola Tomic
on Jul 20, 2013 at 2:51:19 pm

Hm well it works now! Looks I wasn't select layers. So - script works great! :)

But some programmers asks for XML file... [To be honest - I have no idea why it has to have XML when everything is done straight and easy to code]? I am not coder, thats why I don`t know why XML is asked.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Jul 20, 2013 at 7:50:31 pm

Well, good to hear! I agree, I don't think it needs to be XML, BUT I know a lot of programming languages have XML features and functions built in and XML code is easier to parse and read since it can be neatly self-documenting. I used to write code for Excel VB so I'm used to cells, rows, and columns and I never really did XML. Also, XML is just a text file and can be parsed by any software while JS requires a translator or reader to function. I could be way off, too, since I'm no coder (anymore).

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]