FORUMS: list search recent posts

REVISED:I have two photos I would like to merge together. I have tried everything. I'm about to cry and pull hair out. My email address is rynobwr@gmail.com by Bruce Anderson. I want to be sitting in the chair and not blocking the monitor.

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Anderson
REVISED:I have two photos I would like to merge together. I have tried everything. I'm about to cry and pull hair out. My email address is rynobwr@gmail.com by Bruce Anderson. I want to be sitting in the chair and not blocking the monitor.
on Jun 1, 2013 at 2:48:25 pm

I have two photos I would like to merge together. I have tried everything. I'm about to cry and pull hair out. My email address is rynobwr@gmail.com by Bruce Anderson. I want to be sitting in the chair and not blocking the monitor. I have included the photos. I you can provide a step by step instruction and complete it I would be so happy. I'm a slow learner but I need this photo quick. Someone with a kind heart please show me.

Respectfully

Bruce

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: REVISED:I have two photos I would like to merge together. I have tried everything. I'm about to cry and pull hair out. My email address is rynobwr@gmail.com by Bruce Anderson. I want to be sitting in the chair and not blocking the monit
on Jun 2, 2013 at 5:30:13 pm

Hey there, it would help to know specifically what you are trying to do before trying to offer advice. Also, you will need to do some serious color correction, lens correction (they weren't shot with the same lens or focal point), and lighting corrections to make it look believable. Without knowing what you are doing, here are some notes:

For the man in the photo, notice he is close to the camera and the angle is something like a web cam. The desk photo has less distortion. You will need to correct the lens distortion of the man to make it look like a longer lens. Also, the man in the photo is fairly contrast-less and dark. The lighting was obviously very low and there is obvious gain in the shadow and midtones. Also, the man looks unkempt and his hair is messy.

The second photo has fewer problems, but still has issues. The distortion is better and is using a longer lens, but was obviously taken from farther away than the first so you will need to make adjustments when putting the man in the photo. You will also need to color-correct the man to fit in the bottom photo so the colors match. Couple this with the weird lighting - the first photo had 2 light sources (the light streaming in the background and a computer monitor), in the second photo, there are at least 3 light sources (the external flash or off-camera light which was too low because it caused some weird shadows and highlights in the background, the fishtank, and the background light on the right). None of the lights appear to be the same temperature and all of the lights have failed to light the middle of the desk where your guy is supposed to go. Don't forget, when you're done with all of that, you have to match a reflection in the fishtank and on the disk and fake all the lighting cuz there's very little on the guy's face.

Both images have serious issues which would require a very patient beginner many hours to correct. Even an experienced pro would have issues with the laundry list of corrections.

Conclusion: it would take less time and money to simply hire a professional to reshoot both photos or have the guy sit in the actual environment and shoot him there. Fixing this would take me a week and it wouldn't be cheap. :( Stop pulling your hair out: reshoot the photos.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Bruce Anderson
Re: REVISED:I have two photos I would like to merge together. I have tried everything. I'm about to cry and pull hair out. My email address is rynobwr@gmail.com by Bruce Anderson. I want to be sitting in the chair and not blocking the monit
on Jun 2, 2013 at 10:58:10 pm

Thanks for the advise. I will stop this non sense know. You obviously know what you are talking about and I appreciate it immensely.

Thank you very very much.

Bruce

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]