FORUMS: list search recent posts

PNG Overlay Graphics Pixelated

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Reid Peters
PNG Overlay Graphics Pixelated
on May 29, 2013 at 1:21:41 am

I have been trying to figure out how to make crisp overlay Graphics for some time now, but they always seem to pixelate once I get them through the whole process from Photoshop to FCP.

They look great in Photoshop, then I export them and they have some pixelization...

The lines that look pixelized are diagonal and a reddish pink...I have been reading up a little bit on color space and subsampling...but am so lost, I was hoping someone here could help...you guys seem to have way more knowledge than me.

I set my photoshop canvas size to HDTV 1080p/29.97...1920x1080...72 resolution...RGB...8bit...

I have to use this graphic in various sequence settings in FCP, but it doesn't look good in any of them...it doesn't look good in the viewer, it doesn't look good on the network monitor and the export doesn't look good either...not sure where we are going wrong.

The sequences are usually one of the following...

1280x1080 HD(1280x1080) (16:9)
Pixel Aspect (1280x1080)
Field: None
DVCPRO HD

or

1920x1080 HDTV 1080i (16:9)
Pixel Aspect: Square
Apple ProRes 422

or (most frequently)

960x720 HD(960x720) (16:9)
Pixel Aspect: HD (960x720)
DVCPRO HD

I have tried all sorts of different settings in Photoshop...I have tried to match the FCP sequence settings...I have tried to make the resolution better...I have tried putting 1080 into a 720 sequence, nothing seems to work.

Would love some help on this.

Return to posts index

Jeff Hinkle
Re: PNG Overlay Graphics Pixelated
on May 29, 2013 at 2:04:13 pm

It might help if you post a screen shot of the image and how it looks in both Photoshop and FCP.

Are you using the video presets in Photoshop to make your canvas? Two of those sequence settings use non-square pixels so if you're dropping in an image with the correct dimensions but square pixels, things are going to start looking screwy.

---
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]