FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clone stamp tool target size

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stig olsen
Clone stamp tool target size
on May 14, 2013 at 1:36:10 pm

Hi,

I want to clone a part from a large picture and add that part to a smaller picture.
Im looking for a way to resize down my taget size (make the cloned part that I already have selected smaller) to make it fit my new an smaller image.

Is this possible? When I change the size slider it crops the selection, but I want it to scale it down.

Stig

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Clone stamp tool target size
on May 15, 2013 at 5:54:14 pm

It's a 1-to-1 deal in photoshop with the clone tool. You'd have to do you changes to the big pic, then select and paste to the smaller one and then scale if I'm reading you correctly. If not, please send a specific set of steps and/or samples.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on May 17, 2013 at 4:26:43 pm

Stig,

I do this all the time by copying and pasting between files. For example, to use a photo from my digital camera (approx. 5000x3000 pixels) as a DVD menu (720x480 pixels 72dpi), I open the file from the camera, copy the entire frame to the clipboard, then paste into a new 720x480 document. The pasted image will be much larger than the size of the frame. Use transform to resize and reposition as necessary to work in the target document.

Copying and pasting between documents automatically takes care of and difference in resolution (dpi), which will change the size of the pasted document larger or smaller to make the math work.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Pablo Gentile
on Oct 2, 2013 at 1:10:41 pm

In fact, it's a lot easier than the previous suggestions :-)
Open the Clone Source panel (under the Window menu). There you have a lot of option to tune cloning stamp tool, and between there are two percentage fields for horizontal and vertical scaling.
Happy retouching.
Pablo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]