FORUMS: list search recent posts

Crash on start-up

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Scott
Crash on start-up
on May 9, 2013 at 1:19:06 am

I tried to start photoshop today and received two errors and the app will not start. I tried un-installing and re-installing (cloud apps), but I encounter the same errors

Can't post screen shots - you can't read them. First error says "Could not load actions as an unexpected end of file was encountered" The second one says "Could not initialize photoshop because the preferences file was invalid (it has been deleated)"

any idea what I could try. I haven't installed any new software. PS worked a few days ago, other programs working OK, even cloud stuff

Brian Scott
President
Image Design Productions, Inc.

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: Crash on start-up
on May 10, 2013 at 10:23:05 pm

Brian,

Do you get the Photoshop splash screen when you start the program? If so, notice that you can see what files are being loaded. You will probably find that the process goes south at one particular file. Note where the process hangs-up. Then get in touch with Adobe tech support.

If you don't see the splash screen, then you have a really serious issue that may or may not be cured by reinstalling.

It sounds like you are installing from corrupt files.

Did anything in your machine get updated (software or hardware)?

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

josh phoenix
Re: Crash on start-up
on May 11, 2013 at 10:35:20 pm

I have not used the cloud apps myself but I can give you a few options that I use on our machines when things are running strange... Take note that this will delete all of your actions and preferences so save all your actions and write down your custom settings. Also you may want to copy and save your custom plug-ins to another directory if they are lost in the fix.

This is assuming you are on an Apple leopard or above as you did not give system specs

1) hold option key and navigate to the "go" menu at the top of finder(top of your window on operating system)/ option will allow you to see the "library" directory"
2) select library from menu
3)inside library go to "preferences folder"
4) using search bar type in "adobe", on left hand side narrow search to this folder by clicking "preferences
5) select all of these files and move them to trash
6) empty trash
7) use command = shift+command+U to open utilities and click disk utility
8) verify disk and then repair disk
9) restart computer immediately when done
10) re-install actions and any other preferences you need.

Hope this helps

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]