FORUMS: list search recent posts

Match colors across multiple photos

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Piotr Raczko
Match colors across multiple photos
on Apr 9, 2013 at 11:32:52 am

Hi,

I have a very specific task. I have over 10 fine art photos of albino people in white clothes on a white background. Practically these are shades of white pictures. Problem is, they are all shot in different lighting circumstances, so i.e. the backgrounds don't match, it's a different shade of white. Also the clothes don't all look plain white, some are more greyish, some have a reddish tint to them, very subtle, but noticable.

My question is, can I match colors from one picture and apply them to all the other pictures, so that the colors shift automatically? I'm pretty sure it's possible in Camera Raw, but is it possible in Photoshop as well, and how? At this point I only have full high res ginormous TIF files to work with.

Perhaps someone has another piece of advice on how to accomplish my task? The point is that I need all the pictures to look as if they were shot in same lighting conditions. They will be presented in a printed album, and they have to look tip top.

I appreciate all advice and help. Thanks very much.

Return to posts index

Dwayne Smith
Re: Match colors across multiple photos
on Apr 9, 2013 at 12:38:08 pm

G'day

You can start by opening the levels dialog (Image > Adjustments > Levels) and setting your white and black points.

Double-click the white eyedropper (on the right of the levels window) and set it to R255 G255 B255 then click it on the lightest part of your image. Then click the black eyedropper (R0 G0 B0) on the darkest part of your image. You can use a Threshold layer to help find the lightest and darkest parts of your image (move the slider all the way to either end)

See how those results suit your style. You may want to make the white point not-quite-white or the black point not-quite-black — just make sure they always remain neutral (each R G and B value is the same) and that should take care of the hue variation you're seeing.

d.

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Apr 14, 2013 at 3:11:30 pm

Have you tried the Adjustments > Match Color feature?

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/photoshop/cs/using/WS0DECAB01-C01F-4498-A12F-18...

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Piotr Raczko
on Apr 15, 2013 at 7:18:17 am

Exactly what I've been looking for. Cheers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]