FORUMS: list search recent posts

Overwrote my project with another project and lost everything I was working on!

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Austin Steele
Overwrote my project with another project and lost everything I was working on!
on Apr 8, 2013 at 5:39:29 pm

I'm newish to PS. I saved my project and my changes. Then PS asked me to save another project (one that I wasn't working on). I mistakenly selected to replace the project. So basically I lost everything I was working on.

Is there an auto save vault or anything that I can go back to to pull up an older version of this project? Or any other solution to get my work back? Help is appreciated thank you.

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
Re: Overwrote my project with another project and lost everything I was working on!
on Apr 8, 2013 at 6:07:45 pm

With which version of Photoshop are you working? Photoshop CS6 has an auto-save function. See here for details:
http://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/background-auto-save-cs6/

Theo

Return to posts index

Dwayne Smith
Re: Overwrote my project with another project and lost everything I was working on!
on Apr 8, 2013 at 8:22:43 pm

G'day Austin

If you're on a mac and you have Time Machine switched on, then there will be a copy in there. Unless you have some similar kind of backup system then, unfortunately dude, it's gone.

Autosave is just a way for Photoshop to make a temporary recovery file while you're working — so that if PS crashes in between saves, then you can salvage at least some of your work. But it's not going to save additional archived versions for you.

Swear a bit then put it down to a learning experience.

d.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]