FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hand tool has stopped working (CS6-W7)

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Chard
Hand tool has stopped working (CS6-W7)
on Mar 26, 2013 at 7:48:04 pm

It used to be that within the document window I could place the image whereever >>I<< wanted, no matter what the zoom level was.

This is good.

Today this stopped working: the hand tool no longer allows me to freely place the image.

What's the fix for this?

tnx

++++++++++++++++
"Putting the HARM in 'harmonica' since 2005."
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Hand tool has stopped working (CS6-W7)
on Mar 27, 2013 at 5:32:48 pm

Can you give your exact steps to duplicate? Also, are you using the space bar or the hand tool in the toolbar? What is your zoom level? Can you send a screen shot?

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Eric Chard
on Mar 27, 2013 at 5:50:52 pm

Either the Hand Tool or the Spacebar.

It used to be that, any ANY magnification I could place the image within its window anywhere I wanted. I especially like this for the elbow room it gives one to set up Bezier curves.

NOW I can't get any border around the image if I'm zoomed in past +100% (the image is 'stuck to the corner'), and if the image is small in the window I can't place it whereever I like.

I find these "reset your preferences" problems really b.s. and massively aggravating. Why is the g.d. Preferences file so effing brittle?

++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Mar 27, 2013 at 6:25:58 pm

See if any of these work:

1) yep, trash your prefs. Its not that they are brittle per se, but its a constantly opened file which is prone to error due to being constantly written and rewritten. It's like a flat file, but it's run like a db file is what I was told.

2) make sure you don't have caps lock on.

3) open your image, hit cmd-0 (zero) to fill the screen, then use COMMAND-OPTION-plus/minus to get your border. On PC, I think its CTRL-ALT-plus/minus, but I'm not sure - it's been a long time since I've used a PC.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Eric Chard
on Mar 27, 2013 at 6:34:35 pm

Thank you. That does not accomplish what I'm talking about.

I'm saying that, even when there's a border around the image in its window, I was able to slide the image around and even offscreen (offwindow) before. This was good, because I like seeing the border when I work. Even when the image was bigger than the window, I could get a border, but now I can not.

AFAICT, "CTRL+ALT+ -/+" zooms (thanks for that!) but does not get me the border I used to have, and the freedom to place the image anywhere within its window.

I've trashed the prefs file repeatedly, but that doesn't seem to have any effect.

(I was really HAPPY when CS6 came out and finally I could get the border I wanted, but now it's gone.) >:'^(

++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Mar 27, 2013 at 7:12:34 pm

I hate to say it, but it may be time for a trip to Adobe's support areas. :(

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

520-360-8293

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]