FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to get this photo look???

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny Winn
How to get this photo look???
on Mar 10, 2013 at 5:55:20 pm

I don't know if this look (Link below) has a specific name or not but I'd like to know how it is acomplished. It's an almost metal look, this sample is the best I could find because I don't know what it's called but there are more out there that are even more effected than this. Is it more the camera or post effects that makes this look. Please inform. thanks.

http://www.juliancalverley.com/commissioned/2/people/3/

Return to posts index

Danny Winn
Re: How to get this photo look???
on Mar 11, 2013 at 1:11:06 pm

Yes, yes, yes! that's it! Thanks so much Emily, I will try this asap!
Much Appreciated!

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Mar 12, 2013 at 8:52:56 pm

Looks like the talent was shot separate from the background. I say this because the background looks like it was shot with a wide-angle lens and the model looks like she was shot with a longer lens, the lighting for each model/foreground pair don't match, and my gut says the photographer paired models with backgrounds and shot the models against a green screen or otherwise photoshopped them in. :)

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Apr 14, 2013 at 5:50:21 pm

Looks like Bleach Bypass to me.

The easiest way to do this, but not necessarily the most flexible, is to add a Black & White adjustment layer above your image and set the blend mode to Hard Light. At that point you can adjust the Black & White sliders to brighten or darken specific color ranges.

Alternatively you can duplicate your footage, apply the Black & White adjustment directly and set the duplicate layer's blend mode to Hard Light. Then you can sharpen or blur the layer to give a diffuse glow or gritty look respectively.

You can also mask the adjustment layer or the duplicate layer to localize the adjustment.

Soft Light will give you a less intense version of the look. Vivid or Linear Light will give you a very intense look.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]