FORUMS: list search recent posts

Saving issue

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dave rawson
Saving issue
on Feb 21, 2013 at 2:38:37 am

I'm working on a 300dpi project involving poster sized head shots with some graphics. I go to save my PS project and get message saying " Could not save such and such.psd because the document is bigger than 2 gigabytes."
I have a terabyte drive that's not even half full. What would be stopping it from saving?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeff Hinkle
Re: Saving issue
on Feb 21, 2013 at 2:30:49 pm

It's not drive space, it's the file format. .PSD files top out at 2GB, I believe. If you need to save larger files than that, use Large Document Format (.PSB), but be aware that many applications won't be able to open a file larger than 2GB in size.

---
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Saving issue
on Feb 21, 2013 at 3:54:35 pm

Yep, files are too big. :( I would give the same big file advice, but if you are doing a very large poster with graphics, can you assemble it in InDesign? I'm assuming you have ID. Since InDesign is a layout app, it will only link to the files and it supports PSD files and PSD transparency. Point is that you can assemble your files in InDesign rather than have to put it all in Photoshop, then export as either a TIFF for publishing or an Acrobat file or a host of other files.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]