FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera RAW Issue

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Davies
Camera RAW Issue
on Feb 7, 2013 at 2:56:22 am

I've not been shooting RAW for long, until I realised the amazing possibilities in shooting RAW time-lapse sequences.

I've had no problems importing to Bridge, or straight to After Effects before today. My first few folders imported fine, then one folder came in to AE and all RAW files were processed already, showing default settings on all sliders though.

I went to another folder in Bridge to check them out and I can see each file in the sequence being 'processed/developed' with some settings that aren't visible in RAW settings.

Opening the RAW files in any application they all appear the same, dark and processed already. Comparing the RAW file against the same exposure's JPEG is worryingly different.

I hope this makes sense to someone, and that there's a magic checkbox I've missed somewhere so far in RAW. At the moment I daren't touch any other folders at the risk of spoiling those too,

Urgent help/re-assurance appreciated!

Return to posts index

John Davies
Re: Camera RAW Issue
on Feb 7, 2013 at 2:58:22 am

'Purge Cache for Selection' seems to restore the image just for a second. I've cleaned the Bridge cache out, but there's something lurking that's causing them to jump straight back to this horrible processed look.

There's no XMP file in the same folder as these images. Could Bridge be looking elsewhere for the colour settings?

Return to posts index

John Davies
Re: Camera RAW Issue
on Feb 7, 2013 at 9:26:03 am

Sorry, I don't mean to 'bump' this thread intentionally, but I'm really stuck and want to understand better how this has happened.

I just checked the troublesome folders in Digital Photo Professional from my Canon disc, all the RAWs in there appear fine - as they should be straight from the camera.

If I go to the same folder and open those RAWs in Camera Raw, they're all contrasty and dark, with no settings applied at all. How can this be happening?

Thanks,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]