FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop monitor issues.

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Marshall
Photoshop monitor issues.
on Jan 30, 2013 at 8:51:18 pm

I'm having monitor issues with Photoshop CS6, it doesn't come up with anything about incorrect profiles. Instead, Photoshop will run, allow me to do things on it, but after a short while of use my monitor will go off completely and just display grey vertical lines. This only occurs with Photoshop.

I have tried both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions and have had no use. My monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster S19B150, all drivers for it are up to date. Also, if it helps, I have an AMD HD 7800 series graphics card, drivers up to date with that too.

I have not had any issues with it outside of Photoshop and can confirm this only happens with Photoshop open and after a bit of time with it open.

I would be grateful if someone could help!

Return to posts index

Jeff Hinkle
Re: Photoshop monitor issues.
on Jan 30, 2013 at 9:23:19 pm

We had a similar issue with one of our machines. Turned out the onboard fan on the graphics card was failing and not keeping the card cool enough, causing it to basically shut down and black the monitors. But we only had the problem when running graphics-heavy applications like Photoshop, Final Cut, etc. Might want to test your graphics card, and check the internal temperature of your machine.

---
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Return to posts index

Nicholas Marshall
on Jan 30, 2013 at 9:26:43 pm

How would I go about testing it? Is there any quick/easy way to do this? I don't know though, because I play games such as Far Cry 3 without this issue, so I'm not sure about this. Still, how do I test it, to make sure?

Return to posts index

Jeff Hinkle
on Jan 30, 2013 at 9:36:15 pm

If Far Cry isn't killing it, that makes me less inclined to suspect the card.

Not sure if you're on Mac or PC. We were able to check by opening the case and observing the fan on the card wasn't spinning and it was blazing hot to the touch. Then it was a trip to the Apple Store to have them hardware test the card which came back as failed. We then installed the free Temperature Monitor to keep an eye on the fans and internal temp of the box overall just to make sure there were no other issues.

---
More fun, too.

Return to posts index

Nicholas Marshall
on Jan 30, 2013 at 9:38:28 pm

Yeah, I'd have expected Far Cry to kill it, if it was a graphics card issue. I'll check now, thanks for helping! :D

Return to posts index

Nicholas Marshall
on Jan 30, 2013 at 9:54:48 pm

So I checked the card. No fan issues, it was cool to touch. I'm not sure now :(

Return to posts index

Jeff Hinkle
on Jan 30, 2013 at 10:08:15 pm

Do you have a spare monitor you can hook up and try, see if you get the same problem? That might at least help you narrow down the trouble area.

---
More fun, too.

Return to posts index

Nicholas Marshall
on Jan 30, 2013 at 10:12:11 pm

This was my first thought, as I was sure I had one, then I went looking for it and realised it was broke and I got rid of it.

So, unfortunately I cannot, annoyingly :(

Return to posts index

Nicholas Marshall
on Feb 2, 2013 at 12:55:58 am

A few days later I check to see if there is an update for AMD's Catalyst Control Centre. There is, and I download it, then I retry Photoshop and the issue is gone. Soo glad that it wasn't a problem with the graphics card! Thanks for the help! :D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]