FORUMS: list search recent posts

Marquee Tool GLITCH

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Cox
Marquee Tool GLITCH
on Jan 18, 2013 at 8:59:56 pm

Hey everyone,

I noticed a very weird, frustrating error today in my Photoshop CS6.

Basically, all I was trying to do was create a 100x100 pixel avatar for a forum that I'm a member of. First, I went into the Photoshop preferences to Units & Rulers and changed 'Rulers' from inches to pixels. Then, I imported an image that I wanted to use in my avatar. I got the marquee tool and selected a 100x100 pixel square from that image.

Then I hit command + n to create a new composition. What this SHOULD do is offer to create a new file the same size as the selection I just made (100x100 pixels). Instead, Photoshop offers to create me a 99x99 pixel file. When I saw this, I was immediately suspicious.

So just to try it out and see what happened, I pressed 'okay', and pasted my 100x100 selection into my 99x99 pixel composition. To my dismay, even though the composition is a SMALLER size than my marquee selection, the marquee selection turns out to not even fill the whole 99x99 space! It's even smaller--probably 98x98 pixels, rather than being the original 100x100 pixels that I selected!!

Can anyone explain this? Is this a simple user error, or does this sound more like a glitch to you? I've had issues in the past w/ certain Adobe software being very glitchy (AKA, in my Premiere, if I run the newest update, my 'Interpret Footage' function stops working completely, as well as some other things). Unexplainable and odd glitches like this are so frustrating! Especially since it's kind of a nuisance to get a-hold of Adobe sometimes over the phone).

Any vets on here ever have this happen? What could I be doing wrong?

-Kyle

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]