FORUMS: list search recent posts

What should I buy?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Ball
What should I buy?
on Jan 16, 2013 at 3:43:59 pm

I just got a new PC with windows 7 and I need to buy a new Photoshop. I'm working with a very old Photoshop 7 on my old computer. I'd appreciate advice on what to buy now.

I don't want to spend the money to get the CS6 - I'm thinking I don't really need that for what I use it for. I really just use it for website photos and banners, and I'll also be photoshop with an intous5 tablet to make some maps for a book I'm publishing.

Which version of Photoshop do you recommend? Can I get away with CS4 or CS5? Where can I get it for a good price? Do you think buying on Ebay is a safe bet?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: What should I buy?
on Jan 16, 2013 at 5:21:06 pm

I do not recommend buying ANY software product on Ebay. Caveat emptor!

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
on Jan 16, 2013 at 9:24:06 pm

Hi Greg,

If you mainly want to use it for web publications, you might consider to buy fireworks, which is much cheaper than photoshop

Theo

Return to posts index

Jeff Hinkle
on Jan 22, 2013 at 3:10:30 pm

First, I have to agree with Bill: eBay software is generally a bad idea.

That said, you might want to look into Photoshop Elements and see if it will do what you want. Since it sounds like your image editing needs are pretty modest, Elements may let you do what you want at a fraction of the cost of Photoshop, which will offer a ton of options/features you'll never use. If nothing else, you can download a demo and see if it works for you.

---
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]