FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can I make matte images for use in video with a translucent background and transparent text?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Pliff
How can I make matte images for use in video with a translucent background and transparent text?
on Dec 18, 2012 at 12:50:59 am

I want to make title mattes for a motion graphics project where the text will be static but laid over on video elements underneath. The matte would be a translucent gradient so the video underneath shows through partially, and the text would show through to the video backdrop entirely transparently. As if the text were written with an eraser. Creating this effect on a static photo backdrop is easy with clipping masks, but how can I make an image that has a transparent background & transparent text like this to be exported for use in After Effects or Motion?

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: How can I make matte images for use in video with a translucent background and transparent text?
on Dec 20, 2012 at 12:04:01 am

Your best bet is to create your graphics on the HD broadcast template set to transparent background and export as a PNG file. PNGs preserve transparency so you don't need an alpha.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]