FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best program for creating Animated Lower Thirds?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Smith
Best program for creating Animated Lower Thirds?
on Dec 16, 2012 at 8:32:48 pm

I want to create a custom Lower Third with some images from online plus my own text of course.

Which program is the best to do so?

I'm not too skilled in AE but could learn if you could point me to some good tutorials.

I'd rather make one myself as opposed to paying a designer for something someone else may use :)

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Best program for creating Animated Lower Thirds?
on Dec 17, 2012 at 4:21:06 pm

I'm a big fan of both Adobe's and Apple's video offerings. You can use Apple's Final Cut Pro or Motion (mac only) and Adobe's After Effects or Premiere. If you're on a PC, you can use Vegas from Sony, too. There's also Avid and a host of other, smaller apps. I've even used Kinemac. You can make LTs with Photoshop, too, but I find the interface a bit clunky for animation - I prefer After Effects, Motion or FCP for various things. I think its more important to find one with a solid workflow you can adjust to - most will bog you down with technical terms so be ready. So, grab some trial versions and give it a whirl.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: Best program for creating Animated Lower Thirds?
on Dec 21, 2012 at 5:52:35 pm

Steve,

You can work in Photoshop Extended and animate your elements using the tools you already know, or work in After Effects or Motion.

I prefer to create animated graphics in After Effects. You will find many of the tools to be familiar, and this software has abilities far beyond Photoshop.

There are a large number of AE tutorials here on the Cow, which will get you far beyond beginner techniques.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]