FORUMS: list search recent posts

is there really no "advance to next file" in photoshop?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dogus aslan
is there really no "advance to next file" in photoshop?
on Dec 14, 2012 at 12:05:06 pm

Hi Creative people,

my mind has been boggled on a quest. I am trying to get photoshop to advance to the next file in the folder so i can edit it (maybe crop it maybe change the color etc.), not using a specific action but edit according to the image loaded. there is a 3rd party plugin out there called photoshop autoloader, it does exactly what i am looking for with a lot of extra features, but is it not possible to achieve this with actions. or is there a button staring at me that i still don't notice? or is it that adobe has not thought that opening 30 or more files at once somehow slows computing power? an thoughts on this?

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: is there really no "advance to next file" in photoshop?
on Dec 15, 2012 at 12:09:37 am

You can open multiple files in one step using the open command and selecting the desired files. All the open files are available in tabs at the top of the interface.

I've not tried to open 30 files, but I do regularly open 5-10 at once.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

dogus aslan
Re: is there really no "advance to next file" in photoshop?
on Dec 15, 2012 at 12:24:57 am

thanx Bill, but the problem gets messier when you have premiere, after effects photoshop, picasa and chrome running simultaneously. and I do edit all the files in the folder so opening 10 at a time also confuses which ones i edited.

ideas ? anyone?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]