FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it possible to move grids?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Carlson
Is it possible to move grids?
on Dec 9, 2012 at 9:57:04 pm

Hi,

I'm using Photoshop CS6 to make a menu system for a Bluray disc. I'm placing buttons using a 225 X 225 pixel grid. The grid starts at the top left hand corner as 0,0 but where I want to place the buttons, it is just a bit too high. Is it possible to move the 0 point of the grid, so that I can shift the whole grid lower? Alternatively, I suppose I could subdivide it in smaller units so that I can place the buttons in the correct place. Or I could use a guide, but the grid seems simplest.

Thanks,

Tom Carlson

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Is it possible to move grids?
on Dec 10, 2012 at 3:40:08 pm

Well, you can move the zero/origin point of the ruler and grid on any image by simply dragging the upper-left corner to where you want the new origin to be in the image itself. When you drag the origin into the image, it will give you a little crosshairs which you can use to find your new place (you can use guide lines to set these points, too). If you have dragged the origin out and want to reset, just double-click the upper-left corner and it will reset.

Forgot to mention: you must have rulers (command-R or View >> Rulers) turned on.

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Tom Carlson
Re: Is it possible to move grids?
on Dec 10, 2012 at 4:55:09 pm

Thanks, Jonathan. That's exactly the information I was looking for!

Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]