FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Photoshop CS5 - Watermarking

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Mannion
Adobe Photoshop CS5 - Watermarking
on Nov 29, 2012 at 1:58:56 am

I need to watermark a large workload of photos and I have created an action to watermark them all.

The problem I am having is that the watermark seems to be changing location and size in each of the different images which isn't ideal.

I'm sure I'm missing only one or two buttons / settings, if anyone knows how to solve this please give me a shout!

Michael

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Adobe Photoshop CS5 - Watermarking
on Nov 29, 2012 at 6:10:10 pm

Depends on how your action is set up. I have one that puts it in the lower-left corner and nudges it a bit from the bottom and left side. Centering is a problem because the action only remembers the number of pixels from the top and left corners. If the images are different sizes, it will always put them in the wrong place. To fix it, do the following:

record a new action:
open your image, copy and paste your watermark, make your blending changes, then, in the layers palette, select the background layer and the watermark, now, with the Move Tool (V) selected, use the Align Right, Left, or Center and then Align Top, Bottom, or Center, etc. depending on where you want it all to be (dead center is Center/Center). This way, the watermark starts in the same position each time relative to the image, regardless of image size, then select the water mark and nudge the watermark away from the edge(s) as needed. Remember to stop recording the action, too.

If this isn't working or you need something else done, email back. :)

-Jonathan

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]