FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop Inverting my Alpha Channels!

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Olson
Photoshop Inverting my Alpha Channels!
on Nov 28, 2012 at 11:13:58 pm

For some strange reason, unknown to me, Photoshop has started creating my alpha channels inverted. I can't figure out why this changed all of a sudden, and I can't seem to find any settings in preferences that would even begin to address why it's doing this.

Has anyone else ever seen this? It's getting really annoying to have to create an alpha channel then remember to immediately invert it. There are going to be some screwed up looking graphics going on air, soon! I know I'm going to forget to invert the channel sooner or later!

...help!

Mark

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Photoshop Inverting my Alpha Channels!
on Nov 29, 2012 at 5:59:59 pm

Can you tell us the exact steps you are using?

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Mark Olson
on Nov 29, 2012 at 6:04:47 pm

Usually I'll merge all of the layers and command click the layer thumbnail to get my selection, then click the 'Save Selection as Alpha Channel' button in the channels window. Same thing I've always done, except now it's saving the alphas backwards!

molson in Philly

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Nov 29, 2012 at 6:19:35 pm

Before you click on save selection to channel, double-click the "Edit in quick mask mode" button on the tools palette - it should pop up with the Quick Mask Options window. If you have "Color Indicates:" set to "Masked Areas" then the selected stuff will become WHITE and the unselected stuff BLACK. You guessed it, if you switch to "Selected Areas" the opposite happens. Hope this helps. :)

-Jonathan

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Mark Olson
on Nov 29, 2012 at 10:59:36 pm

Hot damn, that fixed it. Thanks!

molson in Philly

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]