FORUMS: list search recent posts

OT - Anyone use a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for displaying work?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kat hayes
OT - Anyone use a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for displaying work?
on Nov 28, 2012 at 12:50:36 am

I'm looking for a new phone and am thinking of getting the large Galaxy Note 2, and using it to view videos and photos as well as to show them to people from the device. Does anyone have one? What do you think of the color and skin tones when viewed on the display? I have not had a chance to test one yet, though I'm hearing the colors are over saturated?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: OT - Anyone use a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for displaying work?
on Nov 29, 2012 at 6:35:49 pm

Don't worry too much about it. Colors on most of these consumer devices are off. I'd grab a photoshop color chart, set it up with no color profile in Photoshop (just plain RGB). Open on your Galaxy Note 2 and take a screen shot. Open that file in Photoshop and see if the colors vary or come up with a profile (probably not). If it does, steal that profile and apply to your images. If not, note which colors are over/under saturated, too light/dark, which colors shift, etc. Basically, you need to build your own color profile.

The really easy way is to make changes to the jpegs in Camera Raw (like tint, saturation, white balance, etc.) and save that "development setting" and apply to anything you're putting on your phone or other device. You have to eyeball it, though.

Hope this helps. :)

-Jonathan

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]