FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bend a sock to fit over a foot

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grant Strac
Bend a sock to fit over a foot
on Nov 13, 2012 at 4:40:12 pm

Disclaimer- I am a video editor that only knows how to do photoshop for video so I am limited in vocabulary

I have image of a sock on foot taken on green screen. I cut it out and I have image of a leg that I have to put the sock onto the foot in my image of leg. Of course the sock is slightly off on the angle the leg and heel are perfect but the top of sock by toes are slightly off. I want to conform the sock to the foot but not loose heel and leg angle

Here is a screen cap

Return to posts index

Jeff Hinkle
Re: Bend a sock to fit over a foot
on Nov 13, 2012 at 5:27:17 pm

Is the angle of the foot on the leg important? If not, just leave the sock as-is and paint out the sockless foot and edge of the heel poking out.

---
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Return to posts index

Grant Strac
on Nov 13, 2012 at 6:19:31 pm

well kind of because this is going into a animation where the leg has red "sore spots" where joints are and then in 3d environment a camera will zoom up on foot sock will fade onto the foot and stuff will happen the sock will fade off and camera zoom out and "sore pain" is gone.

I had done that and I also distorted the leg so it's fudged as close as I could do it but producer wanted it to look better because we are going to do more to the image and in 3d you can see the foot being at wrong angle to leg

I seem to remember one of my friends using a tool to select the one corner of image and lock the other corners to distort just the top of image is that even possible or am I wrong in how I thought he did that?

Return to posts index

Dominick Frederick
on Nov 18, 2012 at 7:58:07 am

In PS you can use the Transform tools and Liquefy... In AE you can use Transform tools, Liquefy, Puppet tool, etc...

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Nov 20, 2012 at 5:59:13 am

The Edit > Transform > Warp tool might work for you (I believe you can do this to smart objects in CS5 and up). Alternatively Edit > Puppet Warp (like the Puppet Tool in After Effects) or Filter > Liquify.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]