FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop Fonts Messed Up

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richie Schut
Photoshop Fonts Messed Up
on Nov 7, 2012 at 11:05:12 pm

Working in a file that is standard def wide screen format which is 720x486 with pixel aspect ratio of 1.21. Everything was fine until I needed to make some more changes to my file. All font sizes are set to well over 3000. Which is not what I made them originally. When I finish editing the text I get an error message that says the font is to big then shrinks it down to 72 points. At that size I can hardly see the text and I know thats not right. If I bring a text layer from a another file in it looks fine, but changes the font size to over 3000 and again I can not edit the text. It seems to be only this file. Restarted Photoshop and the computer without any changes. Any ideas of what is going on?

Thanks
Richie

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: Photoshop Fonts Messed Up
on Nov 8, 2012 at 5:20:15 pm

1. Are you running RGB mode with 8-bit color?

2. Is the resolution of your image set to 72dpi? You say that you can hardly see type that's 72px high, but that should be quite large in a 720x480 frame.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Richie Schut
Re: Photoshop Fonts Messed Up
on Nov 8, 2012 at 5:59:39 pm

Now that is strange. Yes it is 8-bit. I found the problem but not the cause. The document was originally 72dpi. Even though I have changed the file size since creation the dpi was 1.016. I have no idea how that happened. Also thought I had double checked that setting.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]