FORUMS: list search recent posts

replace layers in PS

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Dupsta
replace layers in PS
on Nov 7, 2012 at 12:09:39 am

I have a large resolution 10k logo I have rendered in C4d.

I have 6 passes that I bring into PS. I duplicate a few, use composite modes, layer masks and diff opacity values per layer. So I basically comp it in PS. No beauty pass.

After I have created this template in PS. I have 5 more logos to render that have small variations. Just the text changes.

However...When I render out the next logo, I can not simply replace the 6 layers in PS

I have tried converting the layer to a smart object. The layer mask, opacity and composite mode get baked all together. And when I did replace the old diffuse with the new diffuse pass. The scaling is off all my layer masks are gone I have to re scale and transform the pass. Should just snap in there as it is the same resolution and nothing has changed?

I can not find an easy solution to do all this redundant work per layer. I have to manually replace each layer, re do each layer mask and than line each pass up so they are not off center.

I normally do this all in AE, do all my comping, hit replace footage..bamm done..but the resolution seemed like a job for PS.

Please give me some good tips for this pipeline.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]