FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop CS5 animation/video project saved but error on reopening

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Borkman
Photoshop CS5 animation/video project saved but error on reopening
on Jul 5, 2012 at 6:39:03 pm

Hey everybody,
I'm having trouble with a animation/video photoshop project that I save as a .psd but upon reopening it it gives me the error "Could not complete your request because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop"...this makes no sense to me because I saved it with this version of photoshop.

Here are the details:
Photoshop CS5 version 12
File was imported as a PRO RES 4444 .mov and project was saved as .psd with the following specs
1920x1080
Color space: RGB
Color Profile:sRGB IEC61966-2.1
Layers: 8 layers
No alpha channel

I did some keyframing/compositing on the project using the 7 layers above the video file in photoshops animation tool. I'm baffled why when I add a layer it does want to reopen the project (i tested saving and opening the project after importing the video file and that worked fine).

If there's any other info you need ask for it, thank you.

Return to posts index

Greg Borkman
Re: Photoshop CS5 animation/video project saved but error on reopening
on Jul 12, 2012 at 1:46:43 am

Bump.
This needs an answer, it's bugging the hell outta me, there must be something I'm not doing correctly.

Return to posts index

Ivan Roman
on Sep 17, 2013 at 1:33:07 pm

Hello Greg, Im having the same problem here. I did an animation using photoshop a few days ago and was able to export it to AE. But now, I needed to revise my animations and couldn't reopen the PSD file anymore. I receive the same error message as you did. Have you already found a solution to this? Looks like no one yet has replied to your concerns. Was hoping maybe you found a solution somewhere else or on your own. Would be glad to hear them. Thanks! - Ivan

Return to posts index

Greg Borkman
on Sep 17, 2013 at 6:45:22 pm

I haven't found a way around it in CS5 unfortunately. Since upgrading to CS6 though it seems to have been addressed.

Return to posts index

Ivan Roman
on Sep 18, 2013 at 6:02:59 am

hmm I see..so I think that concludes that there isn't really a way to give us access to the original working PSD file with the video layers on using CS5 anymore.

What I did though was to import the exported image sequence from the original psd file and created a new project. Sadly, If you had adjustment layers and filters added to the video layers, its not undoable nor editable anymore. And also, if ever you might need to send the psd file and work on a different machine, it will look for the image sequence imported to that psd file. Which is a hassle for eating up additional space in a different location.

Anyway, thanks Greg for the quick response.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]