FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tablet Upgrade or Skip ?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Rotter
Tablet Upgrade or Skip ?
on Jun 12, 2012 at 1:01:08 pm

If you had the following choice, would you upgrade a Intros 3 to a Cintiq 12" / Intros 5 or would you not upgrade at all ?

Return to posts index

Angelo Lorenzo
Re: Tablet Upgrade or Skip ?
on Jun 13, 2012 at 7:58:29 pm

It depends on what you're doing. Obviously a digital artist has different needs than a photo retoucher.

As a professional retoucher (number of national magazines, including covers) I have an Intuos 4. The only feature I really use is the tilt/pressure sensitivity. I don't use the scroll wheel or hot keys; I've become accustom to one hand with the pen, the other working my tools on the keyboard.

I might bump up to the Intuos 4 or 5 if I were you because if you use the touch wheel, it's nice for brush size adjustment.

Not a big fan of the Cintique, and many people will agree with me, is for two reasons: I like having more working space for my money, and I'm not a fan of my pen tip covering what I'm trying to work on.

Angelo Lorenzo
Fallen Empire - Digital Production Services

Return to posts index

Christopher Rotter
Re: Tablet Upgrade or Skip ?
on Jun 13, 2012 at 11:01:09 pm

Not a big fan of the Cintique, and many people will agree with me, is for two reasons: I like having more working space for my money, and I'm not a fan of my pen tip covering what I'm trying to work on.

What do you mean your not a fan of your pen tip covering what I'm trying to work on ? I've been leaning away the Cintiq due to it's weight over a regular tablet, and putting practically into the mix if I can see what I'm working on, on a big screen, why have another screen right there :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]