FORUMS: list search recent posts

"24 Sparkling Light Effects" has anyone tried them? I can't make it work well

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darren Fetisoff
"24 Sparkling Light Effects" has anyone tried them? I can't make it work well
on May 30, 2012 at 9:39:03 am

Hello everyone, I was on a mad hunt for Stephen Gammel art, the Illustrator of the "Scary Stories to tell in the Dark" books, and I found some photoshop brush presets that look very much like Gammels style.

I got them here: http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2009/08/free-photoshop-brushes-sparkling-li...

My issue with them is that when I use them as a brush, the whole brush design is used and I don't get those cool drip effects cause everything get smeared as a brush stroke. Am I using these wrong? I want to do my own lines with these styles, but I can't get this style if everything gets smeared into one typical brush stroke. I thought that maybe, like Illustrator, I can break the "link" and then manipulate the style further because it would still have it's parameters/ settings preserved and I could customize the drip effects to my leisure. But, somehow, I don't think I can, or I just plain don't know how.

I even tried using the Pen tool, thinking that they may work that way, but that didn't do anything different; sry, I'm more fluent in Illustrator than Photoshop.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]