FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop Scripting Questions

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Rotter
Photoshop Scripting Questions
on May 25, 2012 at 5:24:32 pm

Anyone who is good at photoshop scripting and can answer me a few questions ? I have posted my questions on other forums and never got an answer, before writing the questions, I decided to ask if someone can help a beginner with a few questions, to get me started.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Photoshop Scripting Questions
on May 26, 2012 at 3:40:07 pm

Depends. What's your question?

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Christopher Rotter
on May 26, 2012 at 8:33:26 pm

How does a beginner start off learning the SDK ? How did you get started, just learn the programming syntax and start on the SDK with some examples, or was there a tutorial you followed when you were a newbie ?

I want to create a script that I can call up with a keyboard short-cut. It's task will be simple, a semi-opaque menu will appear full screen. I can customize it with text and maybe little boxes that text will contain then close the window when I'm done.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on May 28, 2012 at 4:25:39 pm

Well that depends on you. What is your experience with scripting? I already had experience with vb, php, perl, tcl, and some python. Not to mention some c. The sdk will give you your hooks and such. It's up to you to determine how you tap in. If you don't have any code or scripting experience, I don't think scripting in photoshop is a good place to start. Can you do the same thing with a macro? Macros are really easy to make because you can just record actions.

Jonathan Ziegler
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Christopher Rotter
on May 30, 2012 at 12:50:09 am

I can make macros. I want to create some custom tools for photoshop. I am new to scripting, I have to start some where I figured learn the syntax then being into photoshop SDK or scripting guide. Which do you recommend is a good one to start off with the SDK or scripting guide that I can progress into ?

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on May 30, 2012 at 5:01:25 am

I'd start with scripting - its easier to get to know what you can and can't do. The sdk is great if you already have code knowledge and just need the hooks to get your code working. It's for plugins and such. For what your looking for, scripting is just fine. If you need more functions and features, you may need to learn the sdk and more complex code.

Jonathan Ziegler
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Christopher Rotter
on May 31, 2012 at 3:30:00 am

Thank You, I'll do that :)

Return to posts index

Christopher Rotter
on Jun 12, 2012 at 10:39:35 pm

Can you help me with a scripting / configurator issue ?

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Jun 13, 2012 at 5:09:42 pm

Feel free to post the issue. If I can't help, someone else might be able to.

Jonathan Ziegler
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Christopher Rotter
on Jun 17, 2012 at 10:17:06 pm

Hi, I wrote this on another forum, hopefully you or someone else can help. If this message is not clear enough, feel free to download the configuration tool :)

I want to make the HTML pop up without nesting the panel with scripting ? I have a panel within a panel that I created with configurator 2.0 (download panel).

When the pop-up is triggered can it dim the background program, in this case it would only be photoshop and automatically it would resort to full the screen ? I want the HTML pop up to dissappear completley with a key of any key on the keyboard.

The goal of little script is to load up a HTML window that I have customized tool tip reminders etc, which I can modify at any time using HTML/CSS, that is displayed at full screen while dimming the background program, as mention this would only be photoshop.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]