FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animation TIMELINE FILTER Automation

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sean lloyd
Animation TIMELINE FILTER Automation
on Mar 27, 2012 at 2:25:58 am

Hey All,

Thanks for checking out my post. I have searched all over the web for an answer to this question, but was unable to find one.

I will also say that if Photoshop 6 were out and I had it, I probably wouldn't be needing to try to accomplish this function the way I do now,because of the drastic changes to the animation timeline.

That said, this is what I am trying to do. I have an animation timeline that was imported from a film I am working on. I want to be able to use some plug-in filters on the entire clip and the only way that I can see that would make it possible is to automate the application of the filter to each individual frame. The film is still in clips, but the running time is about twenty two minutes, so that's a lot of frames!

Thus far, I have successfully tested using actions and it works pretty well, but I would still have to create an action that is forty seconds long because that is the length of my longest clip.

I also did some research into using Javascript to make a script for this, but don't know exactly how I would accomplish that.

I do have After Effects, but for this particular filter, I think I can get a better result with Photoshop, plus I don't really like the AE interface. I think Adobe is moving in the right direction with PS6 which is almost an integration of a lot of their programs.

I know that this is probably a strange request, but I figured if there is another way, I'd like to find it out before I spend six hours creating a forty second sequence in actions.

Thanks very much...Ian

PS CS4extended

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]