FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Photoshop CS6 Beta Frustration - Won't Run

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerry Fraiberg
Adobe Photoshop CS6 Beta Frustration - Won't Run
on Mar 24, 2012 at 2:31:00 am

After seeing some of the videos from Adobe, I was anxious to test drive Photoshop CS6 Beta. Unfortunately I have not been able to run it. The download appears to install, but the program won't run. I get an error message:

"Adobe Application Manager, required to verify your license, is missing or damaged.

Please download a new copy of Adobe Application Manager from
http://www.adobe.com/go/applicationmanager"

I downloaded the Adobe Application Manager, but it won't run. Another error message tells me to download Adobe Support Advisor, which I did. Another error:

"licensing program
cpsid_83578r3: Error, "Validate license at Pre-chrome" when installing - Creative Suite 5
Click here for details and corrective actions related to this issue."

And then I spent the next couple of hours spinning my wheels (not the beach ball). Uninstaller won't work, I get the same Application Manager error. I dragged the CS6 folder to the trash, emptied trash, restarted. No go. So I called Adobe Tech Support. I got a call back, and had to wait on the phone for 10 minutes before the call disconnected. I called Sales, and they did a direct transfer. To India. The polite response was that because it is a Beta version, they are not trained in it.

Last week I upgraded to Lightroom 4 without a hitch. I have Photoshop CS5 installed (not the suite). Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5 and Compressor 4 all installed flawlessly last June, as did the updates. I recently upgraded the OS to Lion, again no problem.

I'm sure there is a simple fix somewhere. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gerry

Processor 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Memory 8 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 (11D50)

Return to posts index

Damien Speirs
Re: Adobe Photoshop CS6 Beta Frustration - Won't Run
on Mar 24, 2012 at 6:39:45 pm

Hello, I am having the same problem. I have been searching around the web for the last 60 minutes, can't find a fix!

Return to posts index

Samantha Dunaway
on Mar 24, 2012 at 7:03:46 pm

I am having the exact same problem and can't get it to work. Same errors and all. Have you found a fix yet?

Return to posts index

Gerry Fraiberg
on Mar 24, 2012 at 8:46:00 pm

I just checked the forum on the Adobe site, and it appears we're not alone with this problem.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/labs/photoshopcs6/

In the "ask a question" box, enter Adobe Applicaion Manager.

It appears some users have tried copying the .dmg to the desktop and installing from there rather than the downloads folder, which they say works. I have not tried this yet

Return to posts index

Barry Hills
on Mar 26, 2012 at 10:20:11 pm

Hi Gerry-

Let me know if you are still having issues getting the CS6 PS Beta up and running and I will help get it sorted out.

-Barry
bhills@adobe.com

Return to posts index

Gerry Fraiberg
on Mar 26, 2012 at 11:14:35 pm

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the offer, however I did manage to get CS6 PS Beta running. I had cross posted in the FCP X forum, but forgot to update here.

This is what I wrote last night:
http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/335/29124

"Success at last! I now have a dark tray Photoshop CS6 Beta open. This time I did a Spotlight search for CS6 and trashed all instances, including Bridge. I then restarted, Repaired Disk Permissions, restarted again, then tried another reinstall of the downloaded .dmg. This time it worked. Interesting to see that this is CS6 Photoshop Extended."

Gerry

Return to posts index

ben almeer
on Jan 21, 2013 at 6:30:02 am

Accodding to me Adobe CS6 is perfect.For the ultimate in graphics power and flexibility, Photoshop can't be beat. Photoshop offers more non-destructive ways of working than any other photo editor, and Adobe is always adding enhancements to help get the job done faster and with less frustration and thanks for sharing such nice information.
Regard's,
Ben Almeer
Click Here For More Info

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]