FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where do original source files come from?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danielle Warren
Where do original source files come from?
on Mar 1, 2012 at 9:23:16 pm

Hi all,
I'm an editor but trying to familiarize myself with basics in Photoshop & After Effects if called upon to do some basic graphics for projects. I love all the tutorials on here and Lynda etc. especially because they give you the project files to work with alongside the video.

But when it comes to starting a project on your own, I have no clue where to get those project files from. For example, this tutorial on here about making Lower Thirds http://library.creativecow.net/articles/harrington_richard/photoshop_design...
is great, but for example, where do I then get those texture files from when I start my own project from scratch? Or background pictures, or other images to make layers/textures etc.?

I know this may sound like a dumb question, but I'm really not an expert in graphics as well as being a terrible artist! Thanks for any help you can provide.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Where do original source files come from?
on Mar 4, 2012 at 10:29:10 pm

You can get them from a number of places - if you have a digital camera, you can shoot textures yourself, you can shoot buildings, people, etc, then manipulate them in Photoshop and drop them into After Effects. You can also purchase stock photography from sites such as fotolia.com, shutterstock.com, etc. There are free reseources to. Use google and make sure the images you put into a project can be used commercially (a paid project).

LittleBlackBird.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]