I want to set up a PS action to create this shadow under a photo:
I want the sides to be clean and the entire shadow to be underneth the photo.
What I did to create this example was:
1) "Fit Image" to the size I need for web display
2) Change the layer name (to unlock it)
3) Increase the canvas hieght by 8%
4) "Nudge" the photo to the top of the canvas
5) Create 2 layers. Making the bottom one white and leaving the middle layer blank.
6) On the middle layer creating a black box, blurring it, and changing the perspective (bringing the top in).
7) Move the "shadow" into the correct place.
The problem is, not all the photos are the same size so they don't all come out with the shadow in the right place.
Anyone have a better way of doing this? Keep in mind, this is the look I want. I could not get any of the settings in "drop shadow" to look right. Also, lets assume they're all horizontal photos.