FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Cannot save due to disk error" on Photoshop - problems seem to span entire CS, including installer

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Andert
"Cannot save due to disk error" on Photoshop - problems seem to span entire CS, including installer
on Feb 4, 2012 at 6:44:01 am

So, this one's a doozy. First, system specs:
OSX 10.6.8
2.4GHz Intel Core i5 15" Macbook Pro
4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 RAM
320GB Internal HD with 46GB Free

So, I'm running nice old outdated Adobe CS2 (can't tell you the more specific version of PS as it's currently uninstalled and won't reinstall), and out of the blue, it starts giving me 'cannot save due to disk error' when I try to save a new file (pretty average size). This happened on every file of any size, whether it be a new file or an existing file. It doesn't allow me to go to the save dialogue, but comes up immediately after choosing 'save' or 'save as' from the menu. 'Save for web' gets me through the normal optimization window, but when choosing to go forward into the save dialogue box it simply crashes.
Tried simple rebooting, prefs deleting, disk permissions repair, none of it worked. Everything else on my computer works fine, BUT I tried Illustrator, and then InDesign, and they simply refused to acknowledge that I chose 'save' or 'save as', but didn't give me the error message. Same thing happens for 'save for web' in Illustrator that happened for Photoshop.

So, I figured uninstall reinstall was the best bet. I uninstalled PS and tried reinstalling it from the disks (before I realized the problem was across all CS programs), and the install program on the disk goes through until I need to enter the admin password, and then just stops doing anything. It remains open and responsive, but with no windows open, and a useless menu up top that doesn't allow me to get anywhere. Then I figured out it was across all of CS and figured Bridge might be the issue, so uninstalled that, but I'm still getting the installer problem.

Soooo at this point I'm pretty much out of ideas. Anyone have any way to tackle this?

Side note, I did install the latest OSX security update last night, but I ran PS successfully after that and it saved just fine, and it was only this morning that the problems started up.

Return to posts index

Nick Andert
Re: "Cannot save due to disk error" on Photoshop - problems seem to span entire CS, including installer
on Feb 4, 2012 at 8:04:27 pm

Solved! Turns out it was the Snow Leopard Security Update - there was a Rosetta issue that Apple resolved immediately, and now everything is fine. Restored the apps from backups and it's all peachy.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: "Cannot save due to disk error" on Photoshop - problems seem to span entire CS, including installer
on Feb 6, 2012 at 6:05:46 am

Ah, good to hear!

LittleBlackBird.net

My Blog

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Feb 6, 2012 at 6:05:19 am

I am surprised CS2 works in OSX 10.6. Check to see if Photoshop is supported under that OS version.

LittleBlackBird.net

My Blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]