FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple Vanishing points

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Parsons
Multiple Vanishing points
on Feb 2, 2012 at 9:21:29 pm

I have a photo that has multiple vanishing points...

I have a layered PSD with this photo broken up into more than a dozen layers, and the resulting negative space filled in with cloning, pasting, etc. I want to add a slight camera movement to the scene in AE, but with all the various angles, it became nightmarish to try to rotate, align, and warp all these layers in AE. So I abandoned that concept and decided I'd utilixe PS's Vanishing Point filter.

Every tutorial I've seen on the Vanishing Point Exchange uses nice, crisp-lined squarish photos that a noob could do. But real-world photos aren't that simple. As you can see, my photo here has about 7 planes that i'd like to spread into 3D space (yes, I know there are really more than 7, but I will only be using 7 for my particular project). These multiple planes (with some odd angles thrown in) create multiple vanishing points, which the Vanishing Point Exchange really doesn't like.

My question is, just how powerful is the VPE? Is it really so limited that it can only do straight lines and 90 degree angles? If it really can do what i'm asking it to do (which is to asign 3D perspective to planes in more than just one vanishing point), how do I do that? What am I missing

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]