FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weird Photoshop Issue....

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dean Stapleton
Weird Photoshop Issue....
on Jan 29, 2012 at 11:53:12 pm

Hi gang, sorry to bother you but I'm having an issue and I've Googled and Youtube'd but still can't find an answer.

I'm on Mac Pro system using PS CS5 Ext. I'm working on a picture with about 15 layers. When I use a hotkey, for example if I click the "B" key to jump to the brush tool, PS will jump to that tool but immediately jump back to the previous tool - it won't stay there. It will stay there only if I use "shift + B" or if I manually click on the brush tool using my mouse/pen. Same thing if I click on the "S" key to jump to the clone tool or "H" for handtool etc..etc..etc.

I just noticed today that this happens when I use CS5 or CS4 on the same computer. However, if I open the file on a different computer using CS4, the issue is not there. At first I thought this was a Photoshop issue but now I'm not so sure - maybe it's a computer problem. I actually suspect this is operator error and that I've inadvertently changed a setting but I can't figure out how to fix it : /

Here's a Youtube vid of the issue that I just made. Have any of you seen this before???

~~~~~~
Mac Pro | Two 2.8GHz Quad Core Intel | 16 GB RAM | OS X Snow Leopard | Two 23" Apple Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Weird Photoshop Issue....
on Jan 30, 2012 at 6:59:49 am

Strange! Try repairing permissions. If you're not doing this on a regular basis Photoshop will act up.

You might also try trashing Photoshop preferences: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/photoshop/cs/using/WSfd1234e1c4b69f30ea53e41001...

LittleBlackBird.net

My Blog

Return to posts index

Dean Stapleton
Re: Weird Photoshop Issue....
on Jan 30, 2012 at 7:03:42 am

Hey Scott - thanks!

Yea, I've already tried that stuff. I deleted prefs, did a permissions repair, restarted etc..etc..etc. Nothing is working. I'm working on other files and there doesn't seem to be an issue "yet". I've never had a corrupt psd file - is there such a thing? A psd file that would cause Photoshop to act strange?

~~~~~~
Mac Pro | Two 2.8GHz Quad Core Intel | 16 GB RAM | OS X Snow Leopard | Two 23" Apple Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]