FORUMS: list search recent posts

file opens as black background layer

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
petcov petru
file opens as black background layer
on Jan 18, 2012 at 8:21:41 pm

hello

I have a problem...Photoshop can't open my file anymore it just open the file as black background layer.I done some painting and I have many layers. I saved the file periodicaly,after adding more information to the file.
I had problems with my power cable,it is broken somewhere and I moved it to connect it again.I had my file open in Photoshop in the same time(my mistake!).
It's interesting because before open it in the preview thumbnail it shows ok but when I open it it's just one black locked background layer.

I have Photoshop CS5 extended 64 bits and I'm on Windows 7.
I have also the 32 bits version and I tried to open the file in the 32 bits version but is the same,also the same thing in Illustrator.

I know Windows make some restore files,I looked after this previous version but it's from a few days back and has only too little information on it.

So if somebody could help me I would much appreciate it because I worked sometime on this file.

Thank You

Return to posts index

sanjeev ramanathan
Re: file opens as black background layer
on Jan 19, 2012 at 1:12:30 am

Possibly your file is corrupted or something on the same line, at the time of saving your file and the powercut disconnected then you cannot get your files back for 95% sure.

i ran into this many time. I always save file whenever necessary and make as many version as possible, once iam done with the work i'll delete the older version. It saves lot of time.

Beekeeper
http://www.beekeepersblog.com

Return to posts index

petcov petru
on Jan 19, 2012 at 9:26:10 am

Thank You for your reply

Yes I saved the file already before that,and as I said in the first post when I try to open it it shows the image in the preview thumbnail and the size of the file is the same as before the issue but only that when Photoshop open it it's just one black locked background layer.

Indeed it's a good idea to save several versions of the file which I didn't and thank you for that but I don't understand why is this happening especially that I can see the image in the preview thumbnail.

Return to posts index

sanjeev ramanathan
on Jan 22, 2012 at 1:12:57 pm

See if you can get the same preview on Bridge, because in explorer you cannot see .psd file as preview.

If your file is corrupted then most likely you might not able to see the preview in bridge. It will just show you the psd icon.

Give it a shot, if you see the preview in bridge then you could try to take the snapshot of that and work on top of it.

Can you send a preview of the image and the photoshop opened file as a snapshop?

Beekeeper
http://www.beekeepersblog.com

Return to posts index

Mars Orbital
on Oct 5, 2012 at 5:48:11 pm

Hello,

I had the same thing just happen to me ! My solution was to go into the video card control panel and make wure AA is set to application controlled.

IF your power went out your computer reset itself to defualt video setting.

Hope this helps !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]