FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quicktime Paste To Photoshop Too Dark

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Walker
Quicktime Paste To Photoshop Too Dark
on Jan 3, 2012 at 10:39:22 pm

I find a frame that i want to use from a Quicktime 7, copy it, paste it in my Photoshop document and it's WAY darker. I've tried it from several different codecs including uncompressed RGB. Color Management is off and I've tried "Enable Final Cut..." checked and unchecked in the QT preferences.

This used to work flawlessly. What has changed? Photoshop? Quicktime? Both? Is there a fix?

Photoshop CS5
Quicktime 7.6.6

Here's a Side by Side:
3488_quicktimepaste.jpg.zip

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Quicktime Paste To Photoshop Too Dark
on Jan 4, 2012 at 6:18:28 pm

Well, I think you should be on the right track with color management being at issue. What are your default Photoshop and QT color management settings? I often see srgb which I don't like and usually use Adobe RGB or any other wide-gamut RGB, BUT if you have changed any of this recently, it could also be at issue. What about gamma settings in QT and PS?

Some other things to look at: have you recently calibrated your monitor? If yes, try the previous setting, if not, try recalibrating. Did you recently upgrade QT or PS? What about other software in the workflow? Make sure the original source isn't the problem.

I'm thinking the issue could be a number of things. Can you post your workflow, step-by-step, from beginning to end? Both images look pretty dark, but there's an obvious difference, too. Finally, I've opened JPEGs in Camera Raw for editing and forgotten they had additional data attached and when I open them, they look weird. Please post what you find!

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Andrew Mehta
Re: Quicktime Paste To Photoshop Too Dark
on Nov 6, 2016 at 2:31:10 am

Did you ever fix this?

Googling the same issue in 2016.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved