FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weird color

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cloud Yin
Weird color
on Dec 21, 2011 at 5:39:19 am

I am getting those weird color effects when paint...anyone knows what the problem is. thanks

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Weird color
on Dec 21, 2011 at 11:16:41 am

Honestly the JPEG compression of the attached image is resulting in more color variance than anything else I can see.

Can you describe more? What are you doing, what are you seeing?

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Dec 21, 2011 at 4:24:00 pm

It looks pretty good here, I suspect any of several possibles: 1) if you are on a Mac, try doing a detailed color balance/monitor profile (I have to do this once every couple months to keep color fairly accurate), not sure about PC but I don't think photoshop has the monitor utility from older versions anymore. 2) monitor could be bad, but not likely, 3) bad compression or over compressed, try uncompressed, Png or tiff to see the difference, 4) switch to a different color profile - may be on srgb so switch to adobe 1998 or another broad-gamut rgb color profile. Can do HSV but you wind up having to convert again later and the same issue happens. Finally, this should have been first, do you see the weird colors when you convert to grayscale? If the colors dissappear, then it's the file, if the colors stay its likely the monitor.

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Dec 24, 2011 at 12:45:49 am

Please describe more about weird color. I'm not seeing anything "weird".

LittleBlackBird.net

GraphicsDump.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]