FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why are my text layers changing? Its stopping me from editing the text..

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Helena Masters
Why are my text layers changing? Its stopping me from editing the text..
on Dec 13, 2011 at 2:01:27 pm

I created text boxes with with the type tool and put text in them. When I came back to them later to resize the text, they wouldn't let me edit them. It looks as though my text layer has changed?

Does anyone know why has this happened and is there a way I can change them back to let me edit them?

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Why are my text layers changing? Its stopping me from editing the text..
on Dec 14, 2011 at 5:05:25 pm

First off, do you remember of you got an error about text when you opened the file? If not, double check the font files - make sure they still work. Lastly, is the text layer still showing as a text layer or is it rasterized? Also, simple one, but is the layer locked? Last (should have been first) what version of ps are you using?

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Helena Masters
on Dec 14, 2011 at 5:37:50 pm

I have PS CS5. It looks as though the layer has rasterised but at no point did I rasterise it and it's happened more than a few times with this work. I've had to go back and recreate all of my text boxes which has taken me a while.

I would like to try and find out why it's done this so I know if it happens again. I've never had anything like this before using PS so I'm a bit puzzled! There was no error messages and I've checked the fonts and they're fine. Sorry if it's a silly question but is there something that will rasterise text layers without you actually selecting 'Rasterise Type' from the options?

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Dec 14, 2011 at 6:09:01 pm

Hmm. I guess the answer is "maybe." I wonder what was the file format? If you have it set to a photoshop PDF then possibly or if you have your compatibility set to a legacy version then maybe... That was normal in older versions of ps where text was uneditable. Check your preferences thoroughly and try trashing prefs, too. Beyond that I'd have to see your setup. That's a head scratcher.

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]