FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop Action - cloning tool across multiple docs

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Crawford
Photoshop Action - cloning tool across multiple docs
on Nov 17, 2011 at 2:24:32 pm

Looking for some help. I have matched view angle shots that I need to fix a floor spot in. There are some different lighting setups, so a single patch area cannot be used in all of them. I'm trying using the clone tool and recording it using an Action. The problem appears that the Action is recording the document layer for the clone source, and cannot be used on a second image. Each file has the layer named "background". Seems it should work.

... working in Photoshop CS4.

Any thoughts?

Thanks - Bill

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Photoshop Action - cloning tool across multiple docs
on Nov 17, 2011 at 2:51:21 pm

Actions don't work with BRush Strokes... Only menu commands.

You can look at scripting as a possible option

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Bill Crawford
on Nov 17, 2011 at 8:34:03 pm

Thanks Richard. In the time I had, I did not find a way to record brush strokes using a script.

I ended up dusting off a license I had for Painter. I remembered it had a robust brush recording button, and it did the trick nicely. Your reply jogged the memory and made me think of it.

Bill

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Nov 17, 2011 at 8:44:24 pm

Glad to indirectly help. good luck

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]