FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch Process Automation?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin McKay
Batch Process Automation?
on Nov 16, 2011 at 7:26:27 pm

I have a bunch of PSD files numerically ordered per frame for an animation I will be using After Effects to achieve. There are over 340 frames. Any ideas on how I can batch process these in PS? There is a top layer I want to take off of all the files (Picture safe lines) Also, any ideas in general for the workflow? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

"Cult Of One"

Editor/Colorist
Maison Post
New Orleans

-(4)Mac Pro 2x2.66 Quad Xeon/12gb RAM FCP suites
-Promise VTRAK 14tb 8gb Fibre Channel Storage
-Linux SAN w/10gbs Ethernet switch
-AutoDesk Smoke for Mac
-Aja Kona 3 cards.
-TV Logic 24" LED Broadcast Monitors
-55" Sony Wall mounted Client Preview Monitors *Per suite*
-Refurbished/modernized 1850's Mansion in the Tremé outfitted with editing/compositing/color correction equipment.

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
Re: Batch Process Automation?
on Nov 20, 2011 at 7:09:53 pm

You've probably resolved this by now but if not you can create an "action" in photoshop and then automate a batch process on a folder of images. Should do exactly what you want. I use actions a lot and they're a huge time saver. The photoshop help documents could probably explain them better than I could so I would suggest looking it up there but basically you just open the actions palette, create a new action, hit the record button, open the file, do whatever it is you want to do to the file, save and close, and then stop recording. Then to run it go to file>automate>batch and set all of the options and folder locations as needed and run it. HTH

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]