FORUMS: list search recent posts

Colour profile and Antialiasing Questions

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Baker
Colour profile and Antialiasing Questions
on Nov 13, 2011 at 5:21:49 pm

Hello,

I have a couple of questions, which I have looked up information about, however can't seem to find a clear answer and would be very gratfeul for some advice.

I am working in Photoshop CS2 on a PC running XP and am working in the sRGB colour space. The images are to be viewed both on monitors online and offline as JPEGs. I have heard about the term embedding the colour profile, but am not entirely sure what this entails.

If I want the colour in my images to be viewed online as they appeared originally in Photoshop, do I need to actively embed or set the sRGB space - or is it always there by definition. In the save as box there is a check box with sRGB. Is this the option to embed?

Also, it seems to be common practice to use Photoshop to view finished images, however when the image isn't shown at the exact pixel size, it has slight pixelation, which doesn't happen with Windows Image Viewer. Is this unavoidable, or should there be a setting to correct this - e.g some kind of antialiasing setting.

Thanks,
James

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]