FORUMS: list search recent posts

3d Error: "Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document."

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Isaiah Bugarin
3d Error: "Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document."
on Sep 24, 2011 at 8:39:27 pm

I made a 3d model in Blender and I exported it out as a ".obj" file. Whenever I tried to import the file into Photoshop, it gives me the error: "Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document.". I've also tried making a 3d model in other programs to no avail. How do I fix this/what am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index

ben g unguren
Re: 3d Error: "Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document."
on Sep 24, 2011 at 10:11:08 pm

I just tried a very simple OBJ export from Blender and it imported fine into PS (CS5). Have you tried it with something as simple as the basic cube, or a suzanne (the monkey)?

PS can also import 3ds files, which Blender can export as well, so you may want to try that....

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing
http://www.mostlydocumentary.com

Return to posts index

Isaiah Bugarin
Re: 3d Error: "Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document."
on Sep 25, 2011 at 1:56:30 am

I tried all of your suggestions. I still get the error in Photoshop when just importing a cube or in 3ds file.

Return to posts index

ben g unguren
on Sep 26, 2011 at 1:12:49 pm

This one imports for me fine (it's a slightly modified Suzanne on a plane). Give it a try: TestForIsaiah_Sep2011.obj.zip

If it imports fine, then the problem must be on the blender side of things -- you may want to try a different build and see if you get better results. If it doesn't import properly, then my guess is the problem is on the Photoshop side of things. If its a big enough deal you may want to reinstall the app and try again.

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing
http://www.mostlydocumentary.com

Return to posts index

Isaiah Bugarin
on Sep 26, 2011 at 10:08:15 pm

Hmm I'm guessing it's on the Photoshop side because I still get the error. I installed CS4 and it doesn't work there either.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]