FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop Extended CS5 rendered video is missing frames

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sharon Katz
Photoshop Extended CS5 rendered video is missing frames
on Sep 8, 2011 at 3:51:28 pm

Hi all,

I'm using Adobe Photoshop Extended CS5 to import, edit, and export QuickTime movies but have run into a problem.

When I Import Video Frames to Layers and then Export > Render Video as QuickTime Export or Image Sequence, Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended doesn't include all the frames in the exported file.

I can see all the imported frames on the Animation timeline and I can see them all in the Layers palette, but when I Export > Render Video, the rendered QuickTime Movie or Image Sequence is missing frames.

I'm working on an iMac i7, 8 GB RAM; memory usage in Photoshop is set to 71%.

I have the same results even if I use the Adobe provided sample movie file CheeziPuffs.mov (found as follows: Applications folder > Adobe Photoshop > Samples > CheeziPuffs.mov).

Anybody else having the same problem? Anyone know of a work around?

Thanks very much,
- Sharon

Return to posts index

James Christopher
Re: Photoshop Extended CS5 rendered video is missing frames
on Sep 8, 2011 at 4:51:56 pm

I found that it drops a frame. I can't remember if it was at the head or tail.
I posted this flaw mounts ago. No one made a comment or even cared.

Make a tome code on the frame and look to see witch frame it drops.
then add a frame at heads or tails. I thank it was heads.

Return to posts index

Sharon Katz
on Sep 8, 2011 at 5:13:33 pm

Thanks James. The version I'm working with (Photoshop 12.0.4) is dropping a lot more than 1 frame though; something like half of the frames are missing. ie. CheeziPuffs has 499 frames and Photoshop only exports about 194 of them. The rest are... poofed!
- Sharon

Return to posts index

Dave Gabrielson
on Sep 29, 2011 at 5:21:36 pm

In the Render Video dialog box the frame rate in the Render Options must match the frame rate of the Animation Timeline displayed in the upper left of the timeline. This fixed the problem for me, hopefully it works for you also.

Return to posts index

Sharon Katz
on Oct 3, 2011 at 2:14:43 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it without success. Maybe because I'm on Mac? I'm on OS 10.6.8. Are you on Mac?

I imported a simple QuickTime video of 12 frames running at 12fps. While I can see that Photoshop has created 12 layers and they are all correct, Photoshop also created a Timeline of 30 fps. I'm not sure why it didn't recognize that the film clip is 12fps.

So I changed the Timeline from 30fps to 12fps and rendered the video as an image sequence at 12fps. What a mess! - it spit out 23 frames: 1 frame of each of frames 01 to 04, missing frame 05, one of frames 06 to 09, missing frame 10, one of frame 11, and 15 copies of frame 12!

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Oct 3, 2011 at 3:42:59 pm

Just OPEN the video Don't import frames to layers. File > Open

Make it a smart object to filter or step through frame by frame to root

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Sharon Katz
on Oct 3, 2011 at 4:17:14 pm

Thanks Richard, that works great for straight in and out. But how do I paint on the individual frames? Like adding a ball bouncing in different positions on each frame? When I open the file, I just get one layer. I can't see or edit the individual layers or the frames.

Sharon

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Oct 3, 2011 at 5:14:34 pm

Open the Timeline panel... advance one frame

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Sharon Katz
on Oct 3, 2011 at 5:56:25 pm

Richard, that's brilliant, thank you!

By the way, since you know this material so well, would you have a quick look at my post on the timing problem I'm having with Final Cut Pro 7 importing a clip 12 fps?
http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/8/1143420

I'd be very grateful, and thanks again for your help.

Sharon

Return to posts index

Kristina Edstrom
on Oct 13, 2011 at 6:11:42 am

This post was a lifesaver for me, thank you so much! I was having the same problem with the missing frames- anything I altered was missing when I rendered it. Once I just did the 'file/open' trick and used the timeline to go frame by frame, it works so well! I am so grateful for this post, it's a lifesaver!!!!! Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]