FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do you select a group of a certain number of pixels?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamie Coote
How do you select a group of a certain number of pixels?
on Aug 25, 2011 at 11:54:27 am

Hey, i'm trying to clean up an image that has a lot of freckled spots on it (it's actually a paint splatter) I've successfully cut out the entire thing (so there is no background) but some of the spots of paint are to small and actually disturb the overall effect when it's printed at the size i need.
So i need to know how to select (independent of colour) groups of pixels that are of a size between 1 and 10 pixels to delete them. As i said there is no background so it's literally a case of selecting everything that is in contact with 10 or less pixels.
Obviously i could also use the inverse if someone knows how select groups of 10 or more pixels.

Thanks, any help would be much appreciated (as always time is of the essence with this client!)

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: How do you select a group of a certain number of pixels?
on Aug 26, 2011 at 10:02:33 pm

You can't select that way. You can select dimensionally, like, 10px by 10px by setting dimensions yourself, but this is not a behavior type selection that will go out and find things that are 10px x 10px.

LittleBlackBird.net

GraphicsDump.com

Return to posts index

Jamie Coote
Re: How do you select a group of a certain number of pixels?
on Aug 27, 2011 at 1:19:31 pm

Do you have any idea how i could get round this problem (other then manually doing it with an eraser)
Thanks
Adobe should seriously think of adding that as a feature, i doubt it's only me who's fine it really useful

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]